Episode 60 Show Notes
Title and Link:
Date and Time:
Wednesday, February 20th, 2013, at 6:30pm
On the milestone 60th episode of System Showdown: Kwass, the PC Guy and Jon, the Mac Guy breakdown the top tech stories of the week as well as those related to Apple and Microsoft. Topics include We’re going live in less than 15 minutes! topics include Google’s Project Glass, Yahoo!’s new home page, and the announcement of the PlayStation 4.
- Breaking: Sony announces PlayStation 4 (and no, it doesn’t do Mario Kart).
- New Google Glass video, along the announcement of “Explorer” program, which give you the oppurtunity to get your own pair for $1,500
- Two big brand Twitter accounts compromised temporarily a few days ago: Burger King and Jeep. It is possibly be related to a Twitter hacking attempt two weeks ago. Twitter also doesn’t have the best internal security record, with a support staff account’s password set to the word “happiness” in 2009.
- FCC Moves to Ease Wi-Fi Congestion, Allow Wireless Signal Boosters
- Minor story: Yahoo! is rolling out a new cleaner homepage. Very snazzy. For comparison, here’s what it looked like in 1996.
- App of the Week. Theme: Weather. Fahrenheit from ITWC for iOS (99¢) and 1Weather from OneLouder for Android (free).
Other Showdock Shows Mentioned:
- The Blue Zone Report, Episode 1 (video gaming).
- This with Jon Scheiber, Episode 2 (Google driverless car).
- The Legal Docket, No particular episode mentioned (“look and feel”)
The FCC. They won’t let us be!
- jon reblogged this from systemshowdown and added:
- systemshowdown posted this